Wednesday, April 8, 2009

10,000 Steps a Day

I've decided that it's time to start being active. Things are starting jiggle that never jiggled before. Laugh if you want to, but it true, and it not areas that you would want to jiggle. I just have to firm up a bit, because I don't feel good.

So first things first, eating better, it's hard to do living with my Mom, she's a hard core baker, there is always some kind of baked something around the house. The best and worst thing she does is make a chocolate cheesecake....HOLY SMOKES you wanna talk about something good! Its not fair that its that good. I have gotten into the habit of having a sweet after supper, its really hard to not go find something sweet to eat. I do believe that you can eat what you want as long as its in moderation, but.....it's not easy.

I bought a pedometer on my way home from work last night, I have it on right now and so far its at 3041 steps. You keep track of your steps at your usual activity level for four days, add them together and divide by four. This your base. You're goal is to get to 10,000 steps a day. Apparently that's the point where you start to burn enough calories to drop some of that jiggly stuff.

So wish me luck, I'll report in, and I will not shake my pedometer to get higher amounts of steps......I promise!

xxoo
Mel

No comments: