Friday, December 10, 2010

The Girl Who Loved These Books!!



The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (original title in Swedish: Män som hatar kvinnor – "Men Who Hate Women") is an award-winning crime novel by Swedish author and journalist Stieg Larsson, the first in his Millennium Trilogy.

At his death in November 2004, Larsson left three unpublished novels that made up the trilogy. It became a posthumous best-seller in several European countries as well as in the United States. Larsson, who was disgusted by sexual violence, witnessed the gang rape of a young girl when he was 15. He never forgave himself for failing to help the girl, whose name was Lisbeth - like the young heroine of his books, herself a rape victim, which inspired the theme of sexual violence against women in his books. ****From Wikipedia

Movie adaptations of book happen WAY more often than we realize! And Im am both excited and concerned for the Hollywood adaptation of this series. Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara with play Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander. Though I like both actors my eyebrows are a little raised. First, Though I don't believe Blomkvist is supposed to unattractive, Im concerned that Craig is too attractive (I believe that the European movies nailed is appearance), but then again that's Hollywood. It could be interesting. If you hunt around online you can find photos of Rooney as Lisbeth.

All three movies have already been produced, and Im excited to say I am watching The first one (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo) tonight. I have already read the three books, and have to admit to staying up until the wee hours of the morning reading. Book 1 amazing book 2 amazing, book three I still haven't decided. It almost got to the point where I didn't want to read the books, because I knew it would be hours until I could put the book down and I just didn't want the book to end while at the same time DYING to know what was happening next.

Here is the Original trailer:



Interesting no??

Of course if you hate waiting for the next movie in a series.... The Girl Who Played With Fire





And number three...The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest



Amazing right?!

As always I 100% STRONGLY encourage you to read the books, but from everything I have read and watched online the European films wont disappoint, which is great news for those of us who root for Lisbeth!

Here is something extra for you

No comments: