Friday, December 2, 2011

Lady Gaga - Marry The Night




I grabbed this from Perezhilton.com, it's Gaga's explination of the Video..

Lady GaGa's directorial debut is a 14 minute long look into GaGa's mind. The night Island Def Jam dropped her. The struggles that went through her mind. The ambitions.




But she wants to make sure her little monsters know exactly what was going through her head when she created this video. Marry the Night is her interpretation of that day.



And she explains it like this:

It is my personal way of seeing things. If you give up after something like that, you were never destined to be an entertainer.






It was one of the worst days of my life and it happened quite quickly, but in my mind, when I think back on that period of my life, it all happened very slow.






I was naked in real life when it happened. That's probably the most honest moment in that video of everything I've ever done. My directorial decision was for them to just f–king roll the cameras, because I couldn't go in and out of the moment.






In order to be great writing music, you have to acknowledge what is wrong with your work, or what is dishonest about it. What have I not been really great at?






I don't know, I don't have an answer to that question. I love the obstacles. To marry your obstacles mean I, the artist, wholeheartedly accept everything you throw at me, I am destined to struggle, I am destined to write music about the struggle, and I accept it willingly.





Well it definitely takes a lot of guts to admit that in this industry!



GaGa's latest video is her most ambitious to date. And we wonder how much more directing she has on the agenda.

No comments: